Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Statement
Lend A Hand Society (LAH) is dedicated to a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace where all employees and volunteers feel valued and respected regardless of their gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual orientation or identity, education, or disability. We are committed to a nondiscriminatory approach and provide equal opportunity for employment, volunteer opportunities, and advancement in all of our programs. We respect and value diverse life experiences and heritages, and we ensure that all voices are valued and heard.
We’re committed to diversity and inclusion and to maintaining an inclusive environment with equitable treatment for all.
To provide informed and authentic leadership for cultural equity, LAH strives to:
- Connect diversity, inclusion, and equity to our mission and ensure the well-being of our board, staff, volunteers, partner organizations, and the communities we serve.
- Continue to partner with and seek to collaborate with organizations that serve underrepresented and diverse groups and communities.
- Explore potential underlying, unquestioned assumptions that interfere with inclusiveness.
- Acknowledge, correct, and work to prevent inequities within our policies, systems, programs, and services.
- Advocate for and support board-level thinking about how systemic inequities impact our organization’s work, and how best to address that in a way that is consistent with our mission.
- Practice and encourage transparent communication in all interactions.
- Commit time and resources to increase diversity within our board, staff, and volunteers.
- Lead with respect and tolerance. We expect all employees and volunteers to embrace this notion and to express it in their interactions and everyday practices.
Please read this statement carefully and openly and make an effort to understand the importance of diversity and inclusion at LAH and the ways we can accomplish these objectives together.
Effective date: 3-16-2023