Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
- “Account” means a unique account created for You to access our Website or parts of our Website.
- “Company”, referred to as “The Lend A Hand Society”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement, refers to The Lend A Hand Society, 89 South Street, Suite 203 Boston, MA 02111.
- “Cookies” means the small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- “Country” refers to the United States of America.
- Device” means any device that can access our website such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
- “Personal Data” is any information that relates to an individual who uses our Website.
- “Service Provider” means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of The Lend A Hand Society. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by The Lend A Hand Society to facilitate the Website, to provide the website on behalf of The Lend A Hand Society, to perform services related to the Website, to assist The Lend A Hand Society in analyzing how the Website is used, and to enable or help The Land a Hand Society to provide its services.
- “Usage Data” refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Website or from the website infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- “You” and “Your” means the individual accessing or using the website, or other legal entity or person on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the website, as applicable.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
While using Our Website, We may ask You to provide Us with certain Personal Data that can be used to contact or identify You, including, but not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, state, city, zip code
- Usage data
- Client first name and last name
- Client phone number
- Client address, state, city, zip code
- Reasons for applying and information about You or Your client
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Website.
Usage Data may include information such as Your Device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Website that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When You access the Website by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit our Website or when You access the Website by or through a mobile device.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash Cookies) to collect and store information about Your preferences or Your activity on our Website. Flash Cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as those used for Browser Cookies.
- Web Beacons. Certain sections of our Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit The Lend A Hand Society, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).
Cookies can be “Persistent” or “Session” Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on Your personal computer or mobile device when You go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as You close Your web browser.
We use both Session and Persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
- Necessary / Essential Cookies
Type: Session Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide You with services available through the Website and to enable You to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that You have asked for cannot be provided, and We only use these Cookies to provide You with those services.
- Cookies Policy / Notice Acceptance Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
- Functionality Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies allow us to remember choices You make when You use the Website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide You with a more personal experience and to avoid You having to re-enter your preferences every time You use the Website.
Use of Your Data
The Lend A Hand Society may use Personal Data and other information collected about you on our Website for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Website, including to monitor the usage of our Website.
- To manage Your Account: to manage Your registration as a user of the Website. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Website that are available to You as a registered user.
- For the evaluation and processing of Your grant application.
- To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us and to provide Our services.
- For other purposes: We may use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Website, products, services, marketing and your experience.
We may share Your Personal Data in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share Your Personal Data and the other information you provide to us with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Website, to provide you with a grant or other service, or to contact You.
- With business partners: We may share Your Personal Data and the other information you provide to us with Our business partners to offer You certain products, services or promotions.
- With third parties to manage Your requests: We may share Your Personal Data and other information you provide to us on our Website with third-party agencies needed to manage Your requests to us, including but not limited to processing Your grant application.
- With donors: we may share Your Personal Data and other information you provide us with our donors and other third parties who provide donations or support to The Land a Hand Society.
- With other users: when You share Personal Data or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside.
- With Your consent: We may disclose Your Personal Data for any other purpose with Your consent.
Retention of Your Personal Data
The Lend A Hand Society will retain Your Personal Data and information collected about you on our Website. We will retain and use Your Personal Data and other information about You collected on our Website to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations (for example, if we are required to retain your data to comply with applicable laws), resolve disputes, and enforce our legal agreements and policies.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including but not limited to Personal Data, is processed at The Lend A Hand Society’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of Your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from Your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, The Lend A Hand Society may be required to disclose Your Personal Data or other information collected about You if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
The Lend A Hand Society may disclose Your Personal Data or other information collected about You in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of The Lend A Hand Society
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Website
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Website or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Our Website does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers. If You have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided personally information to us through the website, please contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If We need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing Your information and Your country requires consent from a parent, We may require Your parent’s consent before We collect and use that information.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Effective Date: January 18, 2022